I approach all aspects of my business in an environmentally responsible manner.
This involves an ongoing effort to remove all unnecessary waste from the process, researching the real impact of all materials and processes used, and investigating and implementing more sustainable alternatives.
The following three areas are particularly important;
- Using the most appropriate materials to produce high-quality, long-lasting products.
- Sourcing materials from suppliers that manufacture locally, reducing the environmental impact of transport.
- Designing products that can be easily repaired, further increasing their longevity.
- Constantly investigating and integrating environmentally sensitive materials.
Daily Business Operation
- Minimising electricity and resource use with regard to lighting, heating and transport.
- Minimising paper use and only using products that are 100% recycled (and unbleached and post-consumer wherever possible).
- All packaging is recycled, biodegradable and recyclable.
- Your order won’t be wrapped in unnecessary tissue paper or packed with foam pellets.
- Where possible, we post orders in repurposed boxes and encourage our customers to recycle them on delivery.