We approach all parts of our business in an environmentally considerate and responsible manner.
This is an ongoing effort to remove all unnecessary waste from our business along with gathering information about the real impact of all materials and processes.
We consider the following three areas to be particularly important.
- We use the most appropriate materials to produce high quality, long lasting products.
- We source our materials from Australian owned suppliers that manufacture locally.
- We design products that can be easily repaired, further increasing their longevity.
- We are constantly investigating new environmentally sensitive materials – let us know if you can suggest anything .
Daily Business Operation
- We minimise use of electricity, particularly with lighting and heating.
- We keep paper products to a minimum and only use products that are 100% recycled (and unbleached, post-consumer wherever possible).
- We use our motorscooter for transport, including to and from our markets.
- All our packaging is recycled, biodegradable and recyclable.
- This also means your order won’t be wrapped in fancy tissue paper or packed with foam pellets (and another reason to make our bags really tough).
- Where possible, we post orders in used boxes and encourage our customers to recycle them on arrival.